The Salvation Army is hiring an Administrative Assistant for the Property Department and offers an excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
- Associates required and Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years in experience in an administrative role
- Construction or real estate office experience helpful
- Excellent typing skills with utilizing Microsoft Office with strong emphasis in Excel.
- Strong organization skills
- Must be an independent self-starter
- Appropriate Communication abilities with others within a large office structure
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as liaison between the field locations and Property Department. Be familiar with all projects.
- Prepare property projects paperwork, ensure that all required documents are submitted and attached to the full case and process through appropriate approval levels, including follow-up correspondence and communication.
- Assist field Officers with specifications and preparing proper paperwork on property projects, ensuring that all required documents are submitted and included with the project packet.
- Know and understand The Salvation Army’s Territorial Property Management Manual and be able to advise others accordingly.
- Prepare State of Massachusetts Annual ABC Report for all locations where there is Salvation Army owned property.
- Coordinate Greater Boston Property Committee Meetings. Responsible to prepare agenda, take minutes and communicate this information with committee members.
- Review project budgets and all proposals received and handle any follow-up matters prior to presentation of the proposal to the Board.
- Maintain a clean and efficient office and maintain all property files for the Division.
- Create, maintain, and/or update all property records as necessary.
- Research records, maps, and other data to obtain information necessary for zoning, codes, violations, etc. for municipalities where a field location Officer requests assistance.
- Answer phones, take messages and direct calls when needed.
- Prepare all property project invoices for payment.
Location of Position: Divisional Headquarters, 25 Shawmut Rd, Canton, MA
Hours: 8:30am-4:00pm, M-F (35 hrs/week)
Pay Range: $20 to $22.75 per hour