SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Driver/Maintenance position will ensure that donations are picked up daily from participating grocery stores, the weekly RFB pick up, and assist with kettle driving. This position is responsible for all aspects of repair, maintenance and cleaning of the property owned by The Salvation Army Schenectady Corps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Pick up food donations from Hannaford’s, BJs, Aldi’s and Freihofer’s and weekly RFB pick up.
• Help maintain food stock areas, dating and rotating food commodities from Food Bank and Vendors
• Help drive for Christmas kettle needs.
• Maintain cleanliness of building and grounds.
• Maintain janitorial supplies and communicate needed orders to supervisors.
• Keep property well maintained by checking appliances, filters, shoveling/snow-blowing sidewalks when we have snowstorms, pick up garbage/debris left around property.
• Assist with repairs involving several trades, including building, electrical, plumbing, heating, and air-conditioning.
• Repair furniture, appliances, door closures and latches, and suspended ceilings as needed.
• Assist with preventive maintenance tasks as requested by the Facilities Manager.
• Assist in the installation of new equipment.
• Maintain tools and work areas in a clean and organized fashion.
• Clean and disinfect all areas and rooms in the building including furniture, walls, floors, windows, stairwells bathrooms and other areas as needed.
• Periodically strip and wax floors in rooms, offices, and common areas.
• Vacuum and clean carpets as needed.
• Keep all supplies and repair materials in an orderly fashion in designated areas.
• Collect garbage, replace can liners and sanitize garbage cans as needed.
• Perform any needed function, as directed, in the event of an emergency situation.
• Consult with and keep the Facilities Manager informed of activities, needs and problems.
• Follow established department and organization policies, procedures, objectives, quality management, safety, and environmental control.
• Demonstrate understanding of behaviors consistent with The Salvation Army’s mission, vision, goals, and values.
• Attend all staff meetings, workshops and trainings as directed.
• Participate in all other duties and activities as requested or assigned.
• Help with property bids and outside contract bids when needed.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Valid NYS Driver License that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements