Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Evangeline Booth Miracle Home is an 18-bed shelter that provides emergency housing to homeless women and families of women and children. The Resident Aide position assures a quality service to everyone who comes into the program. This position provides emotional support, information and referral to community services, and creates a warm and safe environment for the residents. The Resident Aide ensures that the residents’ basic needs are met, and that the daily operations of the program are instituted in a manner consistent with the philosophy and policies/procedures of the program and agency. The position provides awake staff coverage for all shifts of the residential program, monitoring residents and assisting in clerical/data and billing reporting responsibilities, household management tasks including facility cleaning, laundry and other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Confidentiality is essential. information (verbally or written) about any resident, child or staff member is not to be discussed with any other resident, past or present, such information must be discussed with Director, House Manager, or transition staff member.
o Follow all policies regarding intake procedures to included recording/completing required paperwork/Escorting new residents to their rooms, welcoming and onboard residents into their new home, as needed
o Assure covid-19 health screening is done at intake and daily during the resident’s stay in the program
• In House Care:
o Direct residents in appropriate safety response in emergency situations as directed by Booth Home Program Manager.
o Prepare, Serve and Supervise cleanup of meals following a prescribed menu plan, assure food available for meals is healthy and meets the resident’s need
o Supervise residents and activities as needed and appropriate.
o Remind mothers that they are always to supervise their children while in the shelter, and care for their basic needs.
o Offer supportive and constructive parenting tips when the opportunity arises
o Conduct floor checks as needed with room doors locked.
o Room inspections when resident is in the room must be with approval of Program Manager, or on call staff and directly related to a concern.
o Ensure all external doors are checked and locked during each shift
o Set up and clean/sanitize rooms as needed and always between residents.
o Make sure resident signs out and leaves key before leaving the building.
o Make sure all residents sign in upon return.
o Clean: Wash bed sheets, towels, etc.
o Clean and inspect room upon a resident’s check-out as directed.
• Records and Reporting
o Maintain all progress notes, meal sheets, Daily Sign-in logs
o Log any incidents pertaining to resident(s) that occurred during your shift completing all paperwork.
o Check daily log and progress notes for any incidents you need to be aware of before starting shift.
• Provide transition staff communication with all necessary information before your shift ends.
• Contact the on-call supervisor if there is a problem that requires their support or instruction.
• Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High school diploma or equivalent required, college credits in human services preferred.
• Reliability is a must. Expected to fill scheduled work shifts, able to work independently, willingness to follow directions and accept supervision
• Prior experience working in 24/7 residential setting preferred.
• Ability to achieve and maintain first aide/ CPR Certification
• Ability to learn and use communication skills that diffuse crisis situations both within team settings and independently.
• Ability to document/record keeping in line with program requirements and carry out scheduled or spontaneous tasks
• Attendance at and the application of ongoing training
• Ability to prepare, cook, serve and clean up after residents’ meals, (cook for a group).