SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the Facilities Manager in all aspects of repair, maintenance and cleaning of all properties owned by The Salvation Army Buffalo Area Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Make-Ready, punch out rooms between vacancy including correcting problems with electrical outlets/switches, lighting fixtures, plumbing problems, drywall repair, painting and floor care.
• Assist with repairs involving several trades, including building, electrical, plumbing, heating and air-conditioning.
• Repair furniture, appliances, door closures and latches, and suspended ceilings as needed.
• Assist with preventive maintenance tasks as requested by the Facilities Manager.
• Assist in the installation of new equipment.
• Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to anchoring objects, masonry work, drywall installation and finishing.
• Maintain tools and work areas in a clean and organized fashion.
• Be “on-call” for after-hour emergency maintenance situations.
• Assist in maintenance of, and snow removal from, walkways and drives.
• Clean and disinfect all areas and rooms in the shelter including furniture, walls, floors, windows, stairwells bathrooms and other areas as needed.
• Periodically strip and wax floors in rooms, offices and common areas.
• Vacuum and clean carpets as needed.
• Keep all supplies and repair materials in an orderly fashion in designated areas.
• Collect garbage, replace can liners and sanitize garbage cans as needed.
• Adjust personal schedule to accommodate departmental needs.
• Perform any needed function, as directed, in the event of an emergency situation.
• Consult with and keep the Facilities Manager informed of activities, needs and problems.
• Follow established department and organization policies, procedures, objectives, quality management, safety and environmental control.
• Demonstrate understanding of behaviors consistent with The Salvation Army’s mission, vision, goals and values.
• Attend all staff meetings, workshops and trainings as directed.
• Participate in all other duties and activities as requested or assigned.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Valid NYS Driver License that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements