SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the Summer Camp Director in providing a safe, structured daily activity schedule for a group of eight to ten campers ages 5-12 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lead campers in craft, educational and recreational activities
• Provide supervision to children on and off premises as needed
• Act as a mediator and role model in helping children learn self control and problem solving
• Ensure all health and safety procedures are observed
• Assist in meal distribution
• Attend and participate in all required trainings, workshops, and information sessions as required
• Maintain program fidelity at all times as required
• Participate in all other duties and activities as requested or assigned
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High School Diploma/GED
• Desire and ability to work in a team environment
• Desire and ability to work with children
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff, campers and parents
• Ability to assist or lead with the teaching of activities
• Energetic, sense of humor, patient and self-control
• Safety oriented at all times