Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is a dual role, with a focus on the Divisional Youth Program Assistant responsibilities between September-May, and a focus on Assistant Camp Director responsibilities between June-August with relocation to Long Point Camp in Penn Yann, NY required during the camp season.
As the Youth Program Assistant, this position will provide administrative support to the Youth Department Ministry team, with a focus on youth discipleship and young adult ministries.
As the Assistant Camp Director, this position will work with the Divisional Youth Secretary to ensure efficient operation of Long Point camp to include pre-camp and day to day activities, post camp cleaning, and Family Camp preparation activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Highly preferred to be an active Solider of The Salvation Army
• Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of the Salvation Army.
• Highly motivated and enjoys working with youths and young adults.
• Highly organized and able to multi-task.
• Works well in group settings.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Adobe, Powerpoint, Publisher…)
• Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.