Position: Corps Helper
Department: Carlisle, PA Corps
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part Time (20-25 hours/week)
Reporting Relationship: Facilities Manager and/or Corps Officer
Salary and Grade: $8.75 per hour; 70 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Position Overview: The Corps Helper will be responsible for baling of clothes, cleaning duties, driving, making deliveries and pickups and other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager or Corps Officer.
· Is responsible for pick-up of clothing bags from The Salvation Army Family Store.
· Operates bailer and stores bales for eventual sale.
· Assists with bread runs and other pick-ups/deliveries as needed.
· Assists with transporting goods and furniture for the shelters, permanent housing project, and other Corps programs.
· Completes cleaning tasks as assigned.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
· Experience with relevant equipment (baler, forklift, box truck) preferred.
· Willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
· Must be customer oriented and able to get along with people in general.
· As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every five years thereafter.
· Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check.
· Job applicant must have an understanding of the dual nature of Salvation Army mission, and able and willing to work within the scope of that mission.
Contact: Please send, fax or email your resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Miguel Rodriguez, The Salvation Army, 20 E Pomfret Street, Carlisle, PA 17013
Fax: 717-245-9473, Email: Miguel.Rodriguez@USE.salvationarmy.org
Or apply online at: http://careers.salvationarmy.org
No Phone Calls Please
Revised by the Divisional Human Resources Department on August 16, 2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1517