Title: Center Director
Department: Administration Supervisor: Kroc Administrator Classification: Exempt
Supervises: Communications and Operations Manager, Program Manager, Accounting, Manager, Aquatics Manager, Fitness, Sports & Recreation Manager.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, including nights, early mornings, holidays, and weekends
The Center Director (CD) is a key leadership position at the Camden Kroc Center. The CD manages the vital
operations that ensure programs, services, and customer care fulfill The Salvation Army’s mission. This position
supervises both programmatic and support systems. The CD works alongside the Community Relations &
Development Director (CRDD), the Human Resources Manager, and the Officers for Congregational Life.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration, equivalent degree, or equivalent job-related experience.
• Minimum of five years in a professional management position.
• Specific knowledge of economics and accounting principles and practices, GAAP, the financial markets,
banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• General knowledge of computer hardware and software applications, with advanced proficiency in
accounting software and office applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, etc.).
• General knowledge of the principles of human resource management.
• Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas to varying audiences.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling the Kroc Center’s many services,
including marketing strategy and tactics, demonstrations, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Knowledge of processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing efficient and effective
service and program delivery.
• Able to monitor and assess performance of oneself, staff, other individuals, and/or organizations to make
improvements or take corrective action.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain and maintain approved driving status under The
Salvation Army’s guidelines.