- To invest in the lives of children and teens, developing and maintaining relational ministry opportunities.
- To create affordable programming otherwise unavailable to disadvantaged and at-risk children, particularly in Christian education and the creative arts.
- To assist corps officers in all program and ministry related activities and responsibilities, including outreach.
- Make the most of every opportunity to minister, pray and present the gospel of Jesus Christ to those in your sphere of influence
- Participate in the development and implementation of innovative Christian education and creative arts programs for all ages.
- Lead/ teach/ participate in Corps programming (including Sunday).
- Identify community needs & new ministry ventures in order to evaluate current programs and to design new and relevant Corps programs.
- Develop and maintain programs and ministries to enhance the healthy spiritual, physical and emotional development of those under your influence.
- Reach out to the community to bring new families/members into the Corps.
- Develop and maintain contacts with children at local campuses and schools where such contact is permitted.
- Ensure appropriate integration of all weekly Corps and outreach programming into the congregation.
- To recruit, supervise and train volunteers to assist with corps programs as needed.
- Organize and maintain proper files and statistics on all program participants and volunteers.
- Divisional Summer Camp (which includes sign ups, transportation and follow up).
- Flexible assistance to the Corps Officers during the Christmas/ Kettle Season.
- Assists Corps Officers with other tasks and assignments as given by them as part of the corps ministry team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Valid New York Driver’s License
- Experience in the Arts, youth ministry and developing programming
- Commitment to evangelical Christian outreach
- Salvationist Preferred
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Office computer programs
- Knowledge of and commitment to The Salvation Army's mission and purpose
- Possess written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a part of the total ministry at The Salvation Army
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed