Position: Shelter Monitor
Location: Lessig- Booth Family Residence, 137 King Street, Pottstown, PA
Availability of Position: Immediate for multiple positions
Schedule: Full-Time; Part-Time and On-Call; Weekends and Holidays; Varied Days and Hours
Reporting Relationship: Shelter Coordinator
Salary and Grade: $9.00 per hour; 70 Non-Exempt
Full-Time Benefits package to eligible employees including:
Part-Time 20+ hours per week Benefits:
This position functions as the primary day-to-day resource person for the residents following trauma informed model. The Monitor ensures safe and good order of operations. House responsibilities and rules are enforced and violating incidents are reported promptly. S/he prepares and serves meals in accordance with the posted menu, while ensuring safe food handling and food storage processes are used. In addition, the Monitor follows the shift work plan by performing the routine custodial work assigned to that shift, which may include the following items: laundry tasks, managing the laundry facility and assisting clients in remembering and implementing house details, Lastly, this position also requires completion of clerical duties related to direct service including but not limited to: daily census, food supplies and other inventories, room checks, recommend food and other purchases, and log food distribution. T
The On Call Monitor performs related duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
· At least one year of prior successful work experience in the field of Human Services is required.
· Able to multi-task, bringing good order and peace to a busy environment.
· Ability to keep information in a confidential manner.
· Basic level computer skills to include keyboarding and data entry accuracy.
· Able to work and communicate effectively with the homeless population being served by The Salvation Army of Pottstown.
· Must have a ServSafe Food Safety Certificate or be able to obtain during employment.
· Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
· Must have an understanding or be willing to train and follow the Sanctuary Model.
· Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send, fax, or e-mail your resume and a cover letter to:
Jessica Pratts, Shelter Coordinator
The Salvation Army
P.O. Box 378
Pottstown, PA 19464
Or external candidates can go to: http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
Internal Candidates can go to: http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No Phone Calls Please
Refreshed by the Divisional Human Resources Department on September 7, 2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1499