Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide secretarial and programmatic services to the EFA department and assist with other needs of the department as they arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bilingual / Spanish speaking is preferred
• Perform all clerical functions related to the EFA department, including but not limited to, telephone calls, written and email correspondence, fax transmissions, etc.
• Maintain hardcopy and electronic department files and retrieve case files
• Assist in maintaining records, etc. according to organization policy
• Document all case records in compliance with Agency and contract requirements
• Interact with volunteers as assigned
• Set up appointments for various EFA programs
• Advocate and initiate the process for cases requiring referral to other sources
• Count grocery slips and fill out monthly pantry report when necessary
• Order food supplies from the Food Bank and vendors as authorized by the supervisor
• Order food supplies from the SA maintenance department for the EFA department
• Assist supervisor with monthly billing procedures (UW, SA) and UW Employment report
• In the absence of the Director, complete Neighbor for Neighbor and Dominion applications, United Way vouchers and clothing vouchers, with approval.
• Assist the Director in preparing monthly reports and complete the reports if Director is out
• Insert client information in the Service Point database system
• Assist in preparing and the distribution of food pantry and food give away
• Assist with Christmas and other seasonal programs as needed, including Sponsored Family and Toy Shop
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate statistical reports, timesheets, mileage records and other data as required
• Maintain program fidelity at all times as required
• Attend and participate in all Agency staff meetings
• Participate in all other duties and activities as requested or assigned
Other Duties: Will be trained in all aspects of the Emergency Family Assistance program in order to have the knowledge and ability to implement the day to day operations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High School Diploma / GED, with 1 - 2 years of experience
• Superior interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Excellent typing and computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements
• Ability to work with a diverse population
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.