- Duty of the assistant is to help virtual teachers enforce proper learning and safety protocol for students on-site at Hempstead
- Virtual Teachers may ask assistant for help with children during lesson time
- Duty of assistant is to encourage and facilitate safe learning for students on site
- Build discipleship relationships according to values of the Salvation Army
- Manage 8-10 elementary students for on-site learning
- Ensure students are logged in on time
- Ensure students are focused and paying attention while virtual teaching is going on
- Enforce proper social distancing rules and COVID protocol
- Assist recreation leader in organizing students and crowd control
- Report any harmful activities to leaders
- Properly report activity (encouragement and constructive feedback) to parents
- Share responsibility for keeping equipment and material accessible and in good condition to encourage maximum constructive use by the children.
- Share responsibility for removing or reporting any damaged or hazardous equipment to the director of other designated person so that necessary action may be taken.
- Share responsibility for planning and supervising an appropriate arrangement of classroom equipment and furniture designed to promote optimal program functioning
- Assist in developing a program of sound educational goals appropriate to the age and Developmental level of children which will enable them to make the most of future educational opportunities
- Ensure proper and safe parent pickup, sign in and sign out process
- OTHER RELATED DUTIES, as assigned consistent with the above as well as other programmatic duties.
- Major/Career in education (Preferred)
- Summer camp, VBS or children’s church leadership experience preferred
- Proficiency in middle school and elementary English and Math preferred
- Must meet the requirements set by the Agency for Children Services (ACS)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed