Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is responsible for the organization and execution of the children’s ministry programming at The Salvation Army, including the After-School Program (ASP), the Read to Succeed program (R2S), and Sunday ministry opportunities, as well as the recruitment, vetting, and training of volunteers for children’s programming. In addition, the coordinator will hold a part-time case load for the Care Management for children in the corps’ programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Teach Christian devotional times for ASP
• Create schedules and plans for ASP activities
• Coordinate transportation for ASP students
• Recruit, vet, and train volunteers for children’s programming
• Source and implement testing materials for pre and posttests, and parent and student surveys
• Collect and report statistics, including indicating measurable outcomes
• Develop a program plan for new R2S program
• Work with local school districts for R2S implementation
• Research and gather necessary program supplies
• Communicate with students’ teachers
• Promote programs in the community and on social media
• Work with 20 elementary aged students, 2-on-1, to increase their literacy grade levels
• Make home visits to virtual learning students for literacy training
• Hold a part-time case load of 10-12 cases for Children’s Care Management clients
• Collaborate with the Corps Officer to organize the annual Back to School Bash
• Collaborate with the Corps Officer for the “Angel Tree” Christmas toy program
• Prepare and teach a Sunday School class and Junior Church lesson for elementary aged students
• Maintain a neat office space
• Coordinate Angel Tree and Christmas Distribution
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Corps Officers
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• Willingness to uphold and support The Salvation Army’s mission AND ministry
• Associate degree (A.A.) and at least two years’ experience in relative work preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Mail Merge and PowerPoint as well as Google Forms
• Experience in program development
• Able to learn current literacy techniques as taught by schoolteachers
• Strong interpersonal skills and good rapport with children
• Applies tact in diplomacy with internal and external constituents
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable in high profile situations as well as with “sleeve rolled up”
• Ability to operate independently – self-motivated, self-management
• Highly organized
• Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment