SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Director of Program is responsible for the administration, budgeting/funding, contract compliance/quality assurance and development of social service programs, which provides a continuum of care for individuals and families served through Elmira Corps Social Ministry. The director provides needed community engagement, identifies other social service programs to assist client needs and assist with the establishment of collaborations and partnerships within the county. Provides advocacy for all Salvation Army ministries in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Successful management of multiple, high priority projects; ability to develop budgets and monitor fiscal records, direct social services programs to a disadvantaged client population or persons with social problems, in a large, multi service organization.
• Ability to develop and monitor Social Service Programs.
• Ability to build, foster and enhance relationships with the City, County, New York State Agencies, United Way and other local Human Service Agencies.
• Successful in networking with funding sources.
• Possess the values and skills needed to provide effective assistance to the people we serve.
• Able to embrace and agree with the overall mission of The Salvation Army.
• Proficient in computer skills and various program applications, client data bases.
• Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.