Position: Human Resource/Accounts Payable Assistant
Department: Developmental Disabilities Program, Philadelphia
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full-Time; Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
Reporting Relationship: Human Resource Manager, DDP
Salary and Grade: $16.60 per hour; 75 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
This is an entry level position with multiple responsibilities in both Human Resources and Accounts Payable for a large social service department. The HR/AP Assistant will provide administrative support to the HR/AP Manager and an overall support for the office.
High school diploma and two years of accounting/secretarial experience. Associate Degree or greater in a related field a plus. Excellent organizational and tracking skills. Computer knowledge of Microsoft software including Excel and Word. Detail oriented including accuracy with numbers. Ability to meet deadlines. Ability to work with confidential information and possess professional communication skills, both in writing and orally. Experience in a fast-paced office environment. Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check. An appreciation for, and understanding of, the philosophy and mission of the Salvation Army are essential.
Contact: Please send or fax your resume and a cover letter to:
The Salvation Army DDP
701 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, Pa 19123
Released by the Developmental Disabilities Program July 28, 2020.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1363