SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To facilitate The Salvation Army Comprehensive Emergency Social Services in a strength-based client approach within policy and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Seasonal Holiday Assistance for both Thanksgiving and Christmas
• Interview clients in office and on the phone
• Advocate and refer clients to needed/appropriate community-based services
• Maintain food pantry, clothing room, household room, furnature program
• Maintain case records on Service Point data management system
• Assist in preparing reports for SA stats, AB
• Attend community meetings as assigned
• Assist with maintaining financial spreadsheets to track direct client assistance for funding sources
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• BS/BS with 3-5 years of experience, or master’s degree
• Preferred background and experience in Social Services field locally
• Computer proficient in Word, Excel, M/S programs, Access
• Good community awareness and referral skills
• Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements
• Access to own vehicle