Case management consists of assisting clients to gain access to the needed medical, social, educational, mental health, and drug and alcohol services. This includes direct assistance in gaining access to services, coordination of care, oversight of the entire case, and linkage to appropriate services. Case management includes: assessment of client eligibility; information and referral to resources that will help the client obtain permanent housing and maintain self sufficiency; scheduled case management meetings; follow-up; and discharge planning.
• Complete phone assessments, intakes and referrals.
• Complete placement interviews /assessments.
• Complete intake packet, service plan, daily notes and discharge summaries.
• Complete required HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) paperwork
• Assist in daily operations of the Harmony House. This includes implementation of program rules and guidelines.
• Participate in inter-agency collaboration and meetings.
• Provide client transportation to appointments, as necessary, in The Salvation Army vehicle.
• Maintain accurate records that comply with policies and procedures of The Salvation Army
• Participate in continuous quality improvement reviews
• Conduct random urinalysis as needed
• Conduct weekly apartment checks
• Valid Driver’s License is required.
• All three PA Clearances required and thereafter upon renewal date: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Request for Criminal Record, and Fingerprint based federal criminal history.
• PA Mandated and Permissive Reporting and The Salvation Army’s KeepSAfe training is required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related degree.
• At least 1 year experience in a shelter/residence or crisis oriented family service program or an Associates degree with 5 years human service experience.