SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for cooking, preparation, service and cleaning of the Food Services Department. Responsible for providing support to department in the areas of inventory, supervision, menu planning, ordering, accurate reports and overall support of kitchen as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepare meals for The Salvation Army programs and special events.
• Load and unload deliver trucks.
• Monitor the packaging, delivery and service of meals.
• Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and serving areas.
• Assist with supervision of kitchen, and assistant cooks in the absence of the Food Service Supervisor.
• Assist with inventory control, ordering, receiving and rotation of stock.
• Assist with menu planning according to regulatory requirements.
• Assist with reports; perform other reasonable services as requested by the Corp Major.
• Demonstrate cultural competence, as well as integrate understanding into daily responsibilities and participate in meeting the objectives of The Salvation Army, Binghamton Corp.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• High school diploma or GED.
• 3 to 5 years direct experience.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as mathematical abilities (weights and measures).
• Must be able to use commercial kitchen equipment and stepladder.