The Salvation Army exists to meet human need wherever, whenever and however we can. With our brand promise of Doing the Most Good, The Salvation Army offers employees a greater sense of purpose and an opportunity to be an essential part of a highly respected organization.
As a member of the Finance Department, the Payroll Manager will oversee the payroll function and ensure compliance for the Eastern Territorial Headquarters. This individual is responsible for the oversite, production and timely delivery of four payrolls. Additionally, the Payroll Manager supervises a staff of three individuals and is responsible for managing, developing and improving overall efficiency of the team.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field required.
· Five plus years of experience in payroll, accounting, or a similar role.
· Understand and support the mission of The Salvation Army.
· Payroll experience with a large employer preferred.
· Knowledge of accounting principles, payroll methods, Department of Labor regulations, federal and state tax regulations, and international tax requirements, required.
· Skill in understanding and using in-house payroll processing systems, required.
· Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and/or other spreadsheet and database applications, required.
· Customer oriented mindset; understanding of multiple perspectives.
· Ability to adapt and navigate through change with resilience.
· Strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
· Knowledge of HRIS systems; Ultipro preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience in developing and managing a team.
· Demonstrated ability to build cross functional relationships.
· Good problem-solving skills, with a solutions-oriented mindset.
· Certified Payroll Professional APA designation, preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.