Position: Police Assisted Diversion (PAD) Victim Advocate
Department: Philadelphia Social Service Ministries
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full-Time; Mon-Fri, 4pm-12am some extra hours and weekends required (must be flexible)
Reporting Relationship: Reports to PAD Program Manager
Salary and Grade: $40,000 annually; 10 Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
The PAD Victim Advocate will work with the PAD Program Manager, The Director of Anti-Trafficking and the Prevention Point Philadelphia as an integral part of the Police-Assisted Diversion (PAD) program. PAD is a Pre-Arrest Diversion Model, which takes a social services approach to law enforcement. It involves a unique, active collaboration between police officers, social service providers and local government. The PAD Victim Advocate will provide immediate contact, screening and assessment to individuals arrested for the crime of prostitution, who choose to enter into this diversionary program. In addition, the Victim Advocate will provide trauma informed clinical case management to all clients and will work with the area service provider partners to ensure follow-up and coordination of all immediate aftercare services.
· MSW degree or BSW with minimum two years of experience working in human trafficking or a related field
· Experience with trauma informed care preferably a working knowledge of Sanctuary Model for Trauma informed services.
· Must understand the issue of Domestic, Foreign Human Trafficking and prostitution.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel from site to site as may be needed in the performance of duties.
· Professional-level communications skills verbal and written.
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred
· Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
· Must have an understanding of, and appreciation for, the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please submit your resume and cover letter as instructed below.
External candidates interested in this position please apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org. Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please apply at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
No Phone Calls Please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on February 14, 2020
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1293