REPORTS TO: Facilities Specialist / Asst Facilities Specialist
SCHEDULE: Part Time – 9 AM to 2 PM Monday through Friday. May require some weekends, holidays and evenings.
FUNCTION: Work in a very physical environment. Works with a variety of tasks and tools. They will function in a team environment. Be a role model to youth. Through their actions, words, and work ethic they will promote the Christian faith and values in keeping with the Mission of The Salvation Army.
• Clean and sanitize entire buildings – Work in conjunction with contracted cleaning company
• Stripping and waxing of floors – Work in conjunction with contracted cleaning company
• Cleaning of carpet– Work in conjunction with contracted cleaning company
• Maintain outside grounds, parking lots, sidewalks, etc.
• Maintain small repairs – (i.e. changing light bulbs, etc.)
• Maintain cleaning supply inventory and responsible for the ordering of cleaning supplies
• Maintain cleaning supplies (i.e. mop heads, etc.)
• Set up rooms/areas for special events
• Maintain repairs of all buildings – Work in conjunction with contracted property management co.
• Cleaning and refueling of all vehicles
• Transportation of vehicles for servicing (Must have clear driving record)
• Ground repairs of all buildings
• Maintain inventory of tools
• Deliver and pickup internal mail
• Receive and deliver all external package deliveries
• Bank and USPS Mail run daily/ as needed
• Snow/ ice removal and salting of interior sidewalks
1. A person of good character
2. Able to follow directions
3. Willing to work a variety of schedules as needed for programming
4. Must be able to read, write, and communicate clearly in English
5. Must be able to work well with others
6. Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs
7. Must have a valid driver’s license
8. Must be able to pass a Salvation Army test for a 12 passenger van