Oversee the Social Services Department of The Salvation Army in Western PA division. Ensure delivery of professional social services that are consistent with the holistic Mission of The Salvation Army.
· Responsible for leadership, direct practice and consultation of Department goals standards and procedures in caring for people.
· Plan and implement divisional/regional annual social services training seminars.
· Provide interface between Divisional Departments and Social Services, e.g., Public Relations, Volunteers, Finance, etc.
· Participate in the consultation and review of family, transient and corrections work with case staff.
· Oversee and monitor students who may be placed in a social services internship with The Salvation Army from local Colleges.
· Responsible for staff development in the areas of methods, skills and results, and annual evaluations.
· Aggressively interact as agency liaison to social services related providers and organizations.
· Maintain working partnerships with all Corps Officers to provide assistance to assigned case workers and to offer consistent provision of services and outreach.
· Develop consistency within Corps Social Service Programs.
· Monitor Social Service statistical increases and decreases in programs alerting the Program Secretary to unusual findings.
· Provide additional social service statistical training when necessary in collaboration with the Divisional Statistician.
· Assist with forming and strengthening Advisory Organizations Social Services Committees and assist with forming annual social services goals.
· Assist as needed with seasonal and specialty programs of the social service departments within the Corps settings such as Camp, Christmas, fuel assistance programs and other unique programming.
· Consult and collaborate with other Salvation Army Services and Institutions as necessary: ARC, Dental Centers, Food Banks, etc.
· Conduct annual Social Services Reviews to examine Corps Social service programming and visit corps as requested by corps officers and/or DHQ.
· Assist as requested with the development and monitoring of social service pram
· Track government funding contracts and foundation grants for renewal dates and reports submitted on time.
· Encourage Corps Officers to participate at local FEMA, ESFP, USDA Food Bank and any other community meetings concerning food and/or utility assistance and to utilize these funds if applicable.
· Attend regional Coordinating Councils.
· Assist with EDS as it relates to social ministry assistance to individuals.
· Masters of Social Work Degree required.
· Over 10 years of social service administration experience required.
· Experience in planning, organizing and program development.
· Certification as a Field Instructor a plus.
· Academy of Certified Social Workers Organization Certification preferred.
·Accomplished, grounded Christian with a heart and commitment for ministry and Mission of The Salvation Army.
·Must have demonstrated leadership abilities and commitment to working in a culturally diverse setting.
·Excellent managerial and supervision skills.
·Strong proposal writing skills.
·Strong written and oral communication skills.
·Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
·Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suites.
·Ability to relate and respond to clients, employees, management and leadership.
·All three PA Clearances required upon employment and thereafter upon renewal date: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Request for Criminal Record, and Fingerprint based Federal Criminal History.
·PA Mandated and Permissive Reporting and The Salvation Army’s KeepSAfe training required.