Position: Office Assistant
Location: Lebanon, PA Corps
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part-time; Mon. through Wednesday. 9:00am – 2:00pm
Reporting Relationship: Corps Officer
Salary and Grade: $10.00 per hour; 71 Non-Exempt
The Office Assistant will perform all financial duties and secretarial duties listed below, or as instructed. The Office Assistant will render services through and within the guidelines and financial ability of The Salvation Army, Lebanon, PA.
Assists the Corps Officer by providing local clerical support facilitating the accurate and timely processing of financial transactions by DHQ/Finance/CAMS. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Preparing bank deposits in a timely basis (as per policy), making copies of supporting documentation. A copy of the deposit ticket and supporting information is to be sent to CAST.
2. Entering data and recording all Kettle Campaign income daily. (During Kettle Season)
3. Following Salvation Army policies and procedures performs timekeeping duties need to provide corps employees with accurate and timely compensation for hours worked and paid time off.
4. Supports the ongoing work and programs of the corps by working with CAST staff to obtain any needed financial reports and analyses.
5. On a routine and regular basis provides clerical support needed to CAST to process payments and record deposits.
a. Date stamping in all arriving invoices and obtains signature approval for payment from CO, then promptly forwarding the invoices to CAST for processing by email. ( All reports Must be submitted on time)
b. Should any vendor call about an unpaid, bill, forwards the caller to CAST for follow up by CAST.
6. Attends training sessions as may be needed or approved related to corps financial services.
7. Drop off and Pick Up items at post Office as needed and deliver mail to post office.
8. Assist with Preparing the weekly deposits income, cartridges, donations, counting money, drop off deposits to the Bank, as directed by the Commanding Officers.
9. Prepare Timecard for all the staff and hand it over with time Sheet Every Other Wednesday to The Corps Officer for Payroll processing.
10. Performs Other Duties as assign by the Commanding Officers.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
High School Diploma or equivalent, certificate in accounting or equivalent training and work experience. Three years of work experience in an office setting. Bi-lingual preferred, must exhibit emotional maturity and must be self-motivated and self-starter. Must have excellent office skills: must obtain organizational and computer skills. Must have a valid driver's license with good driving record. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and computerized accounting system. Must possess aptitude and personality to deal with socially/culturally diverse individuals. Meet the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every five years thereafter. Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check. Must have an understanding of, and appreciation for, the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please submit your resume and cover letter as instructed below.
External candidates interested in this position please apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please apply at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
No Phone Calls Please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department February 12, 2020
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1291