Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 5.5 hrs/day
1. Position Title
2. Responsible to
3. Education Requirements
College Degree in Social Services or related field preferred
4. Work Experience
Preferred experience in the human services field
5. Other Qualifications
· Develop and maintain an appropriate level of expertise to effectively perform duties of this position.
· Strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
· Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English).
· Knowledge of community and service area.
· Good problem-solving skills, self-initiative, management skills relating to motivating people, communicating effectively, giving direction and completing tasks.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
6. Principal Functions
Assist with the duties and responsibilities of providing basic emergency services to those in need by being compassionate and professional.
7. Duties and Responsibilities
a) Perform intakes, interviews, and assessments of clients’ needs (ie: food pantry, utilities, etc.) And the updating of files as necessary.
b) Complete case notes of household (income, expenses, members, etc.) and update files as services are provided to clients.
c) Protect client confidentiality
d) Monitoring program statistics and complete reports required for Food Bank
e) Coordinate all food pantry activities (i.e. – volunteers, ordering, stocking and distributing food, food bank pick-ups, food donations, etc.)
f) Represent The Salvation Army in community social service meetings.
g) Bridge Social Service clients into another Army programming
h) When needed, refer clients to the Corps Officers for Pastoral Care.
i) Participate in quarterly update meetings with Corps Officer.
j) Assist in completing material needed for reviews and inspections.
k) Coordinate food ordering for emergency pantry and soup kitchen
l) Prepare client food bags
m) Keep pantry fully stocked and cleaned
n) Assist in other areas within the scope of the position when requested by Corps Commanding Officers.