Interview, assess, collect client data, collaborate with Corps Ministry Teams and community partners and formulate a plan of action appropriate to move the client families from crisis to stability. Must be able to work with clients who are involved with other social service systems, mental health and adults in crisis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports directly to the Pathway of Hope Regional Director, the Program Secretary and Corps Officers.
• Must be conversant in all Pathway of Hope methodology.
• Work as a team member with Corps Ministry Teams to select viable client families to participate in Pathway of Hope.
• Work closely with Corps Ministry Teams to form an interdisciplinary team to empower family clients to move from crisis to stability.
• Work closely with Corps Ministry Teams to encourage client families to participate in the holistic program of The Salvation Army.
• Processing of Pathway of Hope forms, i.e., recording and maintaining client files according to Salvation Army standards.
• Must familiarize self with community resources and existing, as well as, potential collaborative partners.
• Attend Social Service and/or Pathway of Hope Department Meetings and service provider agency meetings as requested by Pathway of Hope Regional Coordinator or Corps Officers.
• Attends board meeting, community meeting, or trainings as requested by Corps Officers and/or POH Regional Director.
• Network with service provider agencies.
• Conduct research into community organizations and businesses for possible Social Services partnerships and volunteers; create and maintain these partnerships.
• Salvation Army policies pertaining to confidentiality, release of information, and retention and/or destruction of records must be strictly adhered to. If client files are subpoenaed, the Corps Officer will be notified immediately. He/she will notify the General Secretary who will decide how to proceed. Files are not to be released except on instruction by the General Secretary.
• Maintaining all statistical reports as pertains to Pathway of Hope.
• Work closely with POH Regional Director, Corps Officers, and the Development Department as grant and fundraising opportunities arise.
• MSW Degree in Social Work or related discipline.
• At least 2 to 5 years of experience in social work or related field.
• All three PA Clearances required upon employment and thereafter upon renewal date: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Request for Criminal Record, and Fingerprint based federal criminal history.
• PA Mandated and Permissive Reporting and The Salvation Army's KeepSAfe training required.