SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Oversee educational programs for children in the Phoenix After-School Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Plan and organize structured and unstructured activities for children participating in After-School Program
• Supervise a group of 8–10 children during after-school activities
• Maintain health and safety of children at all times
• Discipline children when needed in a loving and constructive way to promote personal responsibility and a good moral character
• Report any problems or concerns regarding the child’s welfare to the Program Director
• Assist with implementation of planned programs and activities under the direction of the Program Director
• Attend staff meetings and required trainings when scheduled
• Encourage each child to participate in constructive recreation and leisure activities
• Assist children to develop an awareness of the Canandaigua community and leisure options in the community
• Other duties deemed necessary assigned by Program Director
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High School Diploma/GED
• Desire and ability to work with children
• Ability to assist or lead with the teaching of activities
• Energetic, sense of humor, patient and self-control
• Safety oriented at all times
• Creative and artistic a major plus