SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Emergency Basic Needs Coordinator will be responsible for management of the Food Pantry and administration of CFAP programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Coordinator is responsible for program and client file and database records Management to assist with: Statistical reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to TSA and funding agencies.
• Work with the accounting department in development of the CFAP budget.
• Write proposals for funding for specific program areas.
• Be responsible for the day-to-day operation and supervision of CFAP Program, and pantry services to include the scheduling, tracking, and supervision of volunteers.
• Assist persons in need of seasonal, pantry, and CFAP services.
• Provide CFAP case management in Northern Chautauqua County through in-person interviewing, and telephone intervention.
• Write vouchers for individuals and families to provide emergency financial assistance.
• Facilitate Neighbor-to-Neighbor application assistance to those individuals that are qualified.
• Be responsible for the coat campaign and Christmas campaign including advertising, application
process, acquisition, distribution and collaboration with other agencies.
• Assist Corps Officer with contract renewals, terms, and negotiations with the following agencies:
• Food Bank of Western New York.
• Various local, national foundations, County/City governments as applicable and United Way (EFSP)
• Prepare and revise procedural manuals in compliance with Salvation Army policy, and government funding policies.
• Advise supervisor of programmatic changes that would enhance services.
• Community Agency Relationships: The Coordinator will enhance community agency relationships and represent The Salvation Army in the following areas:
• Attend Advisory Board Meetings.
• Work with the Advisory Board Program Committee to develop services.
• Plan recognition events and awards.
• Participate in interagency and intra-agency meetings relevant to planning for those clients served by the program or un-served in the community at large.
• Represent The Salvation Army as assigned to speak at civic clubs, organizations and groups as requested.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• Coordinator will have strong communication skills and the cultural competence and professionalism to relate to and interact with a wide range of contacts both within and outside The Salvation Army.
• Coordinator will be computer literate in the areas of Microsoft Office, email, internet and proficient in office equipment.
• Must have valid NY or PA drivers license and if over 21 years of age will need to pass on-line Salvation Army 12 Passenger van driving course.
• Driver’s license must meet The Salvation Army insurance requirements.