SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide supervised visitation and related services to families involved in the foster care and court system. To assist families in meeting the goal of family reunification as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for documentation and contract requirements in compliance with but not limited to ECDSS, NYS Connections, The United Way and The Salvation Army.
• Provide case assessment and counseling as needed.
• Demonstrate cooperation with immediate supervisor pertaining to supervisory input for clinical case management or program quality issues.
• Demonstrate implementation of supervisory clinical input for client care including monitoring of
adherence to program rules, modeling enhanced parenting skills during visits, etc.
• Assist with maintenance of toy room and toys by actively discouraging mishandling of toys, cleaning and straightening all areas, including kitchen, and removing excess trash throughout the day.
• Provide input regarding program quality and prospective changes as required by supervisor.
• Generate up-to-date research on relevant client areas i.e. mental health, family systems, etc. to become part of the case record.
• Provide advocacy and representation in appropriate venues.
• Advocate and initiate process for cases requiring referral to other sources.
• Maintain program fidelity at all times as required.
• Act on behalf of The Salvation Army in generating billable hours and work closely with ECDSS to generate new referrals.
• Participate in internal supervisory case reviews with Program Director and DSS case reviews.
• Testify in court as mandated.
• Attend training sessions as provided.
• Attend community coalitions as appropriate.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings.
• Fulfill role as Mandated Reporter in incidents of child abuse and neglect.
• Exhibit fiscal responsibly.
• Participate in all other duties and activities as requested or assigned.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Bachelors’ Degree in counseling-related field AND minimum 3 years’ experience with children and families required.
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and computer research abilities.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to manage difficult families.
• Comfortable working independently while working in a team environment.
• Prior experience with NYS Connections program preferred.