Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise residents in the program including coaching resi
2:00adents on program policies and rules as well as potential consequences for violation of program policies/rules.
- Address immediate basic needs for families entering shelter including orienting family to facility, house schedule, program rules and staff.
- Provide supplies to meet basic needs such as snack/meal, linens, lock for cabinet and hygiene supplies.
- Provide conflict resolution, crisis intervention and supportive counseling as needed.
- Assist Case Managers in working with residents on their Individual Service Plans. Promote activities to increase competence with activities of daily living, parenting skills and independent living skills.
- Plan, conduct and monitor social group/recreational activities and other special events (in consultation with RM Supervisor).
- Maintain statistical accountability. Provide clear and concise individual case narratives and log entries. Maintain up to date daily log/census.
- Complete shift specific support services such as chore assignments, intake packets, etc.
- Maintain communication shift-to-shift in staff journal.
- Answer telephone and respond to inquiries. Provide resources and referrals for 24 hours crisis line.
- Conduct regular (at least once/week) facility safety checks, including bedroom checks. Communicate any needs (maintenance or repairs) in the communication journal. Any immediate safety concerns will be addressed immediately. Monitor fire/security/tank alert alarm system.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and required training sessions.
- Participate in On-Call duties as required.
- Transport resident families, only when approved by supervisor or program director.
- Conduct basic intake and complete forms for entry into program, if Case Manager is not available. Assist with HMIS ServicePoint data entry, if needed.
- Demonstrate cultural competence as well as integrate understanding into daily responsibilities and participate in meeting the objectives of The Salvation Army Syracuse Area Services Strategic Plan.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.