Position: New Home Anti-Trafficking Weekend Resident Advisor
Department: Philadelphia Social Service Ministries; New Day New Home; Work Location: Montgomery County
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part-Time Weekends; Saturday and Sunday, 4 pm-12 am
Reporting Relationship: New Home House Manager
Salary and Grade: $12.00 per hour; 73 Non-Exempt
Position Overview: The New Home Resident Advisor (RA) is to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for the New Home residents through the implementation and monitoring of hours rules pertaining to resident conduct, fire safety, room conditions, conflict resolution, and curfew restrictions. The RA conducts house and room checks, answers the telephone, greets visitors, accommodates new residents as they transition into the space, prepares a home report at the end of each shift, manages sign-in logs, responds to emergencies to ensure, that if necessary, residents are evacuated safely and efficiently and responds to residents needs and requests. The RA is to communicate and support all residents in a trauma informed manner. The RA is to effectively communicate with the house manager, other resident advisors, and perform other duties as assigned.
· To observe residents and visitors conduct to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all.
· Documents behavior, conduct, emergency situations, and visitations from outside individuals in the house report at the end of each shift.
· Responds to all emergencies in accordance with established procedures.
· Completes house checks hourly or more if needed.
· Answers the phone in a timely and courteous manner and takes clearly written messages.
· Maintains resident and staff confidentiality.
· Enhances the safety and welfare of residents and staff by conducting room checks, inspecting bags if necessary, and asking for I.D. from outside visitors.
· Completes all new day reporting and the gathering of statistical information as required and entering into ETO.
· Maintains appropriate documentation which includes (911) incident reports, fire drill log, medication book, and sign in log, and ensure that all the information is kept in a secure location for the next RA shift.
· Effectively communicates with house management shifts of significant events or incidents during previous shift along with informing of any special arrangements that have been posted.
· Assists with house cleaning and organizing and breakfast/dinner preparation.
· Participate in community meals.
· Maintain and uphold the principles and commitments of The Sanctuary Model.
· Attend all relevant and necessary trainings associated with Sanctuary.
· Complete S.E.L.F. group and exercise safety plan.
· Attend Community Meetings when possible to reinforce Sanctuary Model with residents.
· Create and maintain a safe environment for residents, staff, and self.
· Maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
· Ensure that the front door is always closely monitored, and visitors are checked for proper credentials.
· Maintain healthy boundaries, uphold the code of conduct of The Salvation Army at all times.
High School Diploma or GED. Prior residential, social service, or customer service work experience. Must have computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel Programs and be proficient in and the ability to utilize the internet. As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every three years thereafter. Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check. Candidate must have, an understanding of, and an appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please submit all resumes and cover letters online only as instructed below.
Current Salvation Army Employees can apply online at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com. Prospective employees can apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
No phone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on January 10, 2020
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1258