SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To plan and promote all programming aspects of the Off-Site Visitation Program and provide supervised visitation and related services to families involved in the foster care and court systems. To assist families in meeting the goal of family reunification as appropriate. To transport families to community and culturally based events. To provide proper documentation of case records including NYS Connections, UCRs and Erie County Family Court.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for documentation in compliance with Agency and contract requirements including, but not limited to, ECDSS, Erie County Division for Youth, NYS Connections, The United Way and The Salvation Army
• Provide customer assessment and counseling as needed
• Complete case record documentation in compliance with Agency and contract requirements
• Develop and plan off-site activities
• Conduct research to provide clinical support for cases as needed
• Provide parenting information sessions to families as needed
• Demonstrate cooperation with immediate supervisor pertaining to supervisory input for clinical case management or program quality issues
• Demonstrate implementation of supervisory clinical input for client care including monitoring of adherence to program rules, modeling enhanced parenting skills during visits, etc.
• Assist with maintenance of toy room and toys by actively discouraging mishandling of toys, cleaning and straightening all areas, including kitchen, and removing trash after visits
• Provide input regarding program quality and prospective changes as required by supervisor
• Provide court testimony as required
• Maintain program fidelity at all times, as required
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate statistical reports, timesheets and mileage records in the format required by the Finance Office and other data as required
• Attend training sessions as provided
• Participate in internal and DSS case reviews
• Act on behalf of the Agency in generating billable hours and work closely with ECDSS to generate new referrals
• Fulfill role as Mandated Reporter in incidents of child abuse and neglect
• Exhibit fiscal responsibility
• Participate in all other duties and activities as requested or assigned
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree with five years of family and child welfare experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to provide culturally competent practice.
• Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
• Access to a vehicle.