The Salvation Army is hiring a Case Manager in Fall River and offers the following benefit package to part-time employees:
Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time
Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment and consistently works 20+ hours/week)
Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including: Voluntary Term Life & AD&D benefits, AFLAC Insurance
Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
- Position Title
- Responsible to
Corps Officer (s)
- Education Requirements
Minimum of an Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work preferred
- Work Experience
Two years’ experience in Social Services Field
- Other Qualifications
- Embraces the whole mission of The Salvation Army
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a warm, gracious, and professional manner
- Requires the ability to write in a professional manner
- Requires a high level of initiative and the ability to work without direct supervision in routine matters.
- High level of confidentiality, discretion, and judgment
- Knowledge of community
- Bilingual Preferred
- Principal Functions
Coordinate all aspects of The Salvation Army’s Social Services programs: provide direct assistance to qualified individuals seeking emergency services.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Using the Corps Social Services database, conduct intakes, interviews and assessments on clients’ needs ie: food pantry, utilities, etc. along with income verification
- Complete case notes and verification of eligibility for each client file and provide case management as needed
- Schedule appointments for clientele.
- Make referrals to area agencies for further services as needed.
- Maintain daily records of clients including but not limited to forms/files/correspondence/data processing/statistical information.
- Serve as Corps Receptionist and answer telephones in a professional manner and provide essential information as needed.
- Update all client records / files once a year
- Maintain records according to agency regulations
- Maintain a roster of community resources for referrals
- Coordinate and facilitate educational groups as needed that will benefit clientele such as parenting classes, budgeting classes
- Complete all monthly and quarterly statistical information with respect to Social Services
- Track and prepare social service statistical records / reports for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) as directed by Corps Officers.
- Coordinate and assist in all seasonal programs such as Christmas Assistance, Adopt A Family Program, and Angel Tree
- Attend meetings as directed by Corps Officer
- Responsible for upkeep of pantry, fully stacked and cleaned. Help in ordering food from Food Bank
- Supervise all volunteers for social services
- Keep working space in a clean and organized fashion
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary within the scope of the position
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.