The Case Manager is responsible for providing intakes, follow-up services, and tracking for a caseload of 50 to 75 cases, Must use discretion and independent judgment in exercising duties.
· Complete intakes in a timely manner, track, and submit immediately to your Care Manager
· Provide services and maintain full responsibility for a caseload of 50 to 75 cases
· Complete and up-to-date documentation in a timely and accurate manner
· Submit daily service logs and progress notes to Data Entry Staff weekly
· Case conference with and obtain necessary records from all primary agencies that are involved with the clients
· Provide appropriate referrals; ensure follow-up; monitor the quality of services; and confirm client participation
· Provide education and supportive counseling
· Conduct field work, home visits, and outreach activities for missing and new clients
· Participate in the agency quality improvement programs
· Master or Bachelor Degree preferred in health or human services related fields.
· Bilingual Spanish / English preferred.
· Experience or interest working with HIV/AIDS, chronic illnesses, substance abuse, mental illness, and homelessness. Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations served.
· Able to work 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday during normal business hours, or as needed to carry out the job responsibilities.