SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under general direction of the IT Manager, designs, supports, maintains, and evaluates all electronic and data related technologies for Divisional Headquarters, Syracuse Area Services and Corps operations with primary functions relating to SAS. Installs, configures, and maintains both physical and virtual computer servers; maintains employee network, e-mail and copier accounts. Responsible for determining and evaluating the integrity of current data collection, backup, reporting, and compliance processes within established standards. The IT Specialist also makes minor repairs and upgrades to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users. May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide all technical electronic and data related support and assistance to include installing, maintaining and training (computers, phones, copiers, printers, faxes, Fuze, Basecamp, cell phones…)
• Assists in providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support.
• Assists in installing, designing, configuring, and maintaining system hardware and software; analyzes, troubleshoots and tracks the nature and resolution of problems.
• Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots the backup systems. Guarantees data integrity and protection by utilizing established systematic data backup-and-retrieval process.
• Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security; performs network data backups.
• Monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges.
• Secure quotes by coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support.
• Coordinate and prioritize technical orders.
• Recommends and specifies the purchase of related products and services; keeps current regarding new hardware/software products for system enhancements.
• Arrange for major personal computer maintenance after securing necessary approvals.
• Performs scheduled network tasks, updating anti-virus definition files, monitoring network servers, providing internet and intranet user support, and specialized training.
• Inventories network equipment. Inspect personal computer equipment and maintains IT equipment inventory as equipment is reassigned or phased out.
• Maintain uniformity in systems, formats and applications throughout the division.
• Visit field units as needed.
• Maintain inventory in Division of hardware and software.
• Stays current with necessary IT certifications.
• Maintain a current knowledge of personal computers including Microsoft Office, and Lotus Notes, Windows Server 2008 and newer, Windows Microsoft OS, VPN, etc.
• Provides technical support for copier/fax and new or emerging technology.
• Establishes and maintains IBM Notes user e-mail accounts.
• Provides e-mail training and software support; provides e-mail documentation and updates user manual as needed.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• Associate’s degree preferred. With 2 years of helpdesk experience required.
• Knowledge of computer/networking/server configurations.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, IBM Notes, Windows Server, Windows OS, VPN
• Mac knowledge preferred
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
• Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.