REPORTS TO: Anti-Human Trafficking Manager
SCHEDULE: Full-time. Must be able to respond 24/7 to human trafficking emergencies.
This position is responsible for providing 24 hour emergency response, crisis intervention, long-term comprehensive case management.
Provide emergency response and long term comprehensive care for domestic and LPR victims of sex and labor trafficking identified in by law enforcement, as a part of the court programming with juvenile and adult court justice systems, through social service or health providers, and other identified victims.
o Serving as an initial point of contact and emergency responder for victim services at The Salvation Army.
o Providing 24 hour emergency response and comprehensive case management.
o Assessment of immediate needs.
o Coordination with the Child Advocacy Center, law enforcement, Child Welfare, Juvenile Court, Off the Streets, Municipal Court, Probation Services and other systems and organizations to support the victim in leaving the trafficking situation and receiving needed services.
o Utilization of Salvation Army and other resources to ensure that the victim’s immediate needs are met, including safe temporary housing, clothing, food, medical care and mental health care.
o Development of a safety plan and a service plan in coordination with the victim.
o Provision of shelter-based/home-based case management to help the client achieve the goals outlined in the service plan. Although plans will vary based on individual needs, these activities may include but are not limited to permanent housing, legal assistance, working with law enforcement, employment, counseling, linkage to benefits.
o Maintenance of accurate and timely case notes.
o Timely completion of reports.
• Attend End Slavery Cincinnati meetings, sub committees, and partner meetings where appropriate.
• Co-supervise MSW and BSW interns and contract workers. Assist with training of new staff.
• Participate in outreach and Well programs, and other service programming, as needed.
• Co-provide on-call supervision and other supervision, as necessary, with the AHT Program Manager to Anti-Human Trafficking staff persons and volunteers who are responding to case management, outreach, hotline, and other emergency needs.
• Assist in the coordination and preparation of data collection and program reports as needed for funders, Salvation Army statistics, etc.
• Support in the coordination and development of resources and tools for the AHT case management and hotline programs.
• Complete other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work. Licensed Social Worker in the State of Ohio.
• Experience working with victims of human trafficking is preferred. Experience working with victims of other traumatic crimes, such as domestic violence or sexual assault is required.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain driving privileges per Salvation Army insurance standards.
• Willingness to uphold and support The Salvation Army’s mission and ministry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.