- Attend to all calls regarding Social Services.
- Responsible for sharing information with the Corps Commanding Officer, all matters are of mutual concern.
- Relating to the total welfare of the Social Service at the Corps.
- Intake applications of new clients.
- Update applications on clients monthly.
- Prepare monthly statistics reports for Food Pantry and send them to the proper recipients.
- Prepare Thrift Store Assistance Vouchers when necessary.
- Prepare and distribute grocery/food bags to clients.
- Take inventory of Food Pantry items, call in orders, and must be sure to spend all HPNAP monies by deadline.
- Make monthly orders from Food Band.
- Stock shelves for Food Pantry.
- Sort all donated food; checking for and discarding any outdated/damaged materials.
- Coordinate annual food drive by US Postal Workers.
- Recruit volunteers for social services and monitor them at all times.
- Ensure proper volunteer paper work is completed.
- Assist in coordinating annual volunteer Thank You Luncheon.
- Coordinate community Service individuals, secure/file proper documentation.
- Report required documentation of Community service individuals to County/City officials.
- Assist in the application process of, corps summer activates, as campers for Star Lake Camp/VBS programs
- Respond to correspondence attaining to Social Services
- Assist in aspects of public relations events and campaigns as assigned by the corps officer including the Christmas kettle Champaign.
- Fulfill any other tasks that may be assigned on as-needed bases requested by the Commanding Officer.
- Confidentiality is a must.
- Responsible for opening and closing the building when required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Responsible, respectful, positive role model, and must be able to follow instructions.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Social Services.
- Well organized and sensitive to individual’s cases.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, and others as required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed