Position: Major Gifts Associate
Department: Development; Divisional Headquarters, 701 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full-Time; 35 hours per week; Monday-Friday 8:30 – 4:00
Reporting Relationship: Director of Major Gifts and Donor Relations Directors
Salary and Grade: $17.00 per hour; 76 Non Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
· Find out about us , GPO: https://pa.salvationarmy.org/greater-philadelphia/GetToKnowUs
· Find out about us, EPA: https://pendel.salvationarmy.org/easternpa/GetToKnowUs
Position Overview: This position is a highly responsible administrative and resource development support position, reporting to the DMG and supporting the DRDs.
The Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Primary responsibilities include assisting the Donor Relations Directors with moves management through database maintenance, record keeping, prospect research, event coordination and correspondence development and donor communication.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
Contact: If you may be interested in applying for this position please submit your resume and cover letter online.
Current Salvation Army Employees can apply online at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
Prospective employees can apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
No phone calls please
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on November 11, 2019
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army will not hire any applicant for employment if the criminal background check reveals a conviction (or a guilty plea or plea of nolo contendre) for any sexual or violent crime. This policy is intended to help ensure safety in Salvation Army workplaces.
Requisition No. 1213