The Director of Integrated Marketing is responsible for all external communications for the Division. This position will ensure that The Salvation Army continues to grow its support in the community via the web, digital fundraising, special events, public relations, and social media. This position will monitor the cleanliness of the donor database to ensure all gifts and donor records are accurate and up to date and will work to inform the Development Department of frequent updates and materials that can be used in fundraising goals. The Director of Integrated Marketing will work closely and side by side with his/her team to ensure any valuable social service and ministry programs are highlighted and shared with the community directly or through members of the Development Department. The Director of Integrated Marketing will work directly with Territorial Headquarters and vendors on Mail Appeal Program and Constituent Relations Management Database.
1. Provide leadership for all aspects of external communication for the New Jersey Division.
2. Oversee all activity related to Constituent Relations Management (CRM) donor database, digital and mail marketing.
3. Manage projects and delegate responsibilities among content creator(s).
4. Work with staff to produce materials that promote The Salvation Army New Jersey Division's work within the church congregation and community.
5. Manage and update divisional website, add news blog items as appropriate, create url redirects for particular events or opportunities.
6. Oversee the public relations strategy for the Division.
7. Ensure social media alignment with overall social media strategy.
8. Communicate with external marketing partners/professionals to manage existing website and to develop future web management strategies.
9. Oversee management of state-wide events.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Media or similar field with 5+ years of experience in community relations.
2. Knowledge of digital and direct marketing tools, procedures and strategies.
3. Passion for The Salvation Army's mission, coupled with a strong commitment to know and understand The Salvation Army's history, mission and structure, as well as its services, policies and procedures.
4. Highly effective interpersonal and conversational skills in combination with excellent writing and communication abilities.
5. Ability to work cohesively in a team to collaborate effectively with officers, staff and other representatives and partners of The Salvation Army.
6. Willingness and ability to travel based on necessity. Valid Driver's License required. Ability to work remotely (out of office) if required.
7. Extensive knowledge of a variety of video, audio and image editing software, including but not limited to Apple Final Cut X, Adobe Creative Suite (Premier, Photoshop, lllustrator, After Effects)
8. Experience with video, photo, audio and lighting equipment.
9. Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. and their management.
10. Proficiency in WordPress and other website management systems.
11. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
12. Proficiency in donor database software (Clearview, Salesforce, Classy, MobileCause).
13. Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.