ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will be responsible for reading and being familiar with The Salvation Army Employee Handbook, and will read and follow the policy and procedure manual specific to the Anew Center.
- Initial approval of client admission into shelter according to policy and procedure and complete appropriate intake information, including the DHHS application.
- Provide care for the residents of the shelter to ensure that safety and basic needs are met.
- Ensure that shelter rules are followed according to policy and procedure.
- Maintain cleanliness of the shelter and resident rooms as necessary, which includes sorting donations, laundry, organizing supplies, etc.
- Assist in food preparation and housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Answer the Domestic Violence/Rape Crisis phone lines, including the 24 hour hotline.
- Assess needs, offer information and referrals, and provide crisis intervention to clients residing in shelter and/or clients contacting the hotline.
- Conduct a “walk through” of shelter throughout each shift.
- Shall be responsible for completing service reports, tracking statistics, and all other assigned paperwork.
- Provide Rape Crisis and Domestic Violence emergency advocacy and accompaniment services upon direction by the Shelter Manager and/or Program Director after the acceptable completion of training.
- Attend trainings a minimum of 10 hours annually.
- Transport clients to shelter and various appointments as directed by the Shelter Manager and/or Program Director.
- Assure compliance with fire and safety procedures.
- Maintain client confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Communicate pertinent information relevant to the operations of the program to immediate supervisor and/or Program Director.
- Attend staff meetings, and educational and training seminars as directed.
- Participate in agency events upon request.
- Serve as a Mandated Reporter and report any incidents of child abuse/neglect to the assigned Response Team staff member, and the mandated reported hotline.
- Understand that by signing this job description because there needs to be a Crisis and Services Advocate on duty at all times, meals will be on-the-job. However, there will be no meal period deducted from the hours of your shift. If circumstances require the need for you to be off the clock for your meal period, arrangements need to be made in advance, and you will need to document a meal break on your time sheet.
- Understand that by signing this job description you are aware that as an agency offering 24 hour service, at times coverage for other shifts may be required.
- Understand that as an employee of The Salvation Army, there may be occasion for the addition of other responsibilities as needed, per the direction of the immediate supervisor, Program Director, or Commanding Officers.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.