Job Title: Learning Zone Teacher
Corps, Institution or Department: Cleveland Temple
Reports To: Learning Zone Director
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The primary purpose of the Learning Zone Teaching Assistant is to lead the students through homework assistance while also overseeing some aspects recreation and enrichment activities. The Learning Center Teaching Assistant will also assist, when needed, in transportation, assessment and tutoring activities while the Learning Zone is operational during the academic school year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Represent The Salvation Army in a manner that brings glory to God.
• Assist in every way requested to carry out the spiritual and total mission of The Cleveland Temple Corps of the The Salvation Army in terms of community needs and our ministry of the people of our community
• Assist children with homework
• Tutor children when necessary
• Assist and/or lead recreation
• Assist and/or lead enrichment program
• Actively supervise children
• Attend required in-service training
• Assist in student assessment initiatives in the form of grading and data entry when needed.
• Maintain and monitor attendance records
• Maintain and monitor snack records and supplies
• Supervise gym activities for children
• Assist in transporting children from school
• Attend community events, at the direction of the Corps Officers.
• Other duties deemed necessary by the Learning Center Director
• Uphold and support the mission of The Salvation Army
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma
• Prior education experience preferred
• Prior child care experience preferred
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• Must have valid Ohio Driver’s License and be able to drive for the Salvation Army
• Ability to pass an FBI and BCII Background Check
• Must be passionate about the Mission of The Salvation Army and the Vision of the Cleveland Temple Corps.