Position: Cook/Food Service Coordinator
Location: Hazleton, PA Corps, 356 Broad Street
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part time, 25-29 hours per week
Reporting Relationship: Corps Officers
Salary and Grade: $14.00 per hour; 73 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Position Overview: The Cook/Food Service Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day Food Service Operation at the Hazleton Salvation Army Corps Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry. This person must perform duties including but not limited to preparing meals in large quantities, picking up food products from donors, menu planning, inventory control and coordination of the volunteers who provide service.
· Preparing and cooking a variety of planned menu items.
· Adjusting standardized recipes for the number of servings required in large quantity cooking.
· Planning a menu and cooking process to produce a complete meal on time, at the proper temperature and then chilled properly.
· Pick up food donations.
· Manage inventory, intake and reports as required.
· Manage food distribution (Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry).
· Maintain the overall cleanliness and organization of the kitchen, cafeteria, pantry and restrooms, and maintain health department standards for food establishment licensing by adhering to standards set forth by ServSafe guidelines.
· Must have and maintain a ServeSafe certificate.
· Communicate updates and changes with Corps Officer.
· Maintain a list of volunteers and supervise their activities in relation to the Soup Kitchen, Cafeteria, and Food Pantry.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
You must have a high school diploma and a current ServSafe certification. You must be able to lift and carry at least 40 pounds. Must have 2 years of successful work experience in this field, and the ability to manage all operations of a kitchen efficiently while working pleasantly and compassionately with all types of people. Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record. Must be able to communicate effectively in English, bi-lingual preferred. As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every five years thereafter. Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Criminal Record Check, and FBI Criminal Record Check. Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send or fax your resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to:
The Salvation Army
Attn: Corps Officer
356 Broad Street
Hazleton, PA 18201
Or external candidates interested in this position please apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please apply at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
No Phone Calls Please
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on October 17, 2019
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1194