Position: Lead Shelter Monitor
Location/Department: Norristown, PA Housing Department
Availability of Position: Immediate (1 position available)
Schedule: Full-Time evenings, overnight and possible weekends and holidays; flexible days and hour
Reports to: Supervisor of Monitors
Salary and Grade: $13-$14.00 per hour; 74 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
About Us: The Salvation Army’s Norristown Family Residences provides a trauma informed emergency shelter that provides a Safe Haven for Homeless families and children throughout the County. The facility is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with trained staff who work diligently to meet the basic needs of the clients.
Position Overview: The Lead Monitor supervises the monitor staff and is responsible for scheduling, paperwork and compliance with guidelines.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
The Sanctuary Model: Maintain and uphold the principles and commitments of The Sanctuary Model. Attend all relevant and necessary trainings associated with Sanctuary. Complete S.E.L.F. group and exercise safety plan. Attend Community Meetings when possible to reinforce Sanctuary Model with residents. Create and maintain a safe environment for residents, staff and self. Create and promote a community that respects and embraces multi-cultural diversity. Create and promote a non-violent and non-judgmental environment. Refer residents to supportive services where applicable. Share behavioral patterns and concerns with residents especially concerning children. Assist residents with identifying stressors. Assist with processing loss.
· High School Diploma plus a minimum of two years of successful work experience in Human Service Field or customer service.
· Prior supervisor experience strongly preferred.
· The ability to provide supervision for shift, CPR and Crisis Management Training, a plus.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic level computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and Lotus Notes/Outlook for email.
· Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
· Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send or fax your resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to:
The Salvation Army
Emergency Housing Director
533 Swede St.
Norristown, PA 19401
Or go to: http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No phone calls please
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on October 9, 2019.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1192