The Director of Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) is responsible for leading the advancement of The Salvation Army Eastern Territory regarding effective management and use of its CRM and associated systems and tools in support of successful fundraising, marketing, enhanced analytics, improved reporting and building business processes that support data integrity and transparency.
The Director of CRM also supervises the donations processing team and ensures efficient, timely, accurate and consistent processing of all donations in accordance with business rules, financial controls, established systems and donor intent.
The Director of CRM reports to the Territorial Director of Integrated Marketing and works closely with colleagues within the Community Relations and Development (CRD) department, as well as divisional stakeholders’ and the Finance and IT teams to ensure our CRM and associated systems and tools, as well as business processes are maintained at the highest standards and serving the Army’s broad objectives, including an extraordinary donor experience.
• Define, implement and manage business and technical processes/workflows within our corporate CRM system.
• Lead the business side of the life cycle within Salesforce across the Eastern Territory, working with IT.
• Manage the fundraising system that will assist the territory in raising funds to support programmatic operations and the organizational mission.
• Manage and maintain all business and some technical aspects of the CRM system (including database maintenance, training, user adoption, customization, etc.).
• Continually builds and refines the organization's understanding of its constituents, including annual situational assessments, and works collaboratively with other members of the organization to develop strategies for leveraging constituent data to advance the work of the organization.
• Serves as team leader for the organization's efforts to understand its constituent data by guiding analysis, training and segmentation efforts.
• Serves as liaison with the Information Technology and Finance Departments and staff as well as, territorial and divisional Development, business users and vendors to define and document information requirements (both present and future) and drives the development of the business processes and workflows so those needs can be met.
• Partners with Finance Department to ensure the harmonization of data systems between Development and Finance.
• Supervises CRM Manager, Senior Manager of Gift Processing Operations and the Direct Mail Campaign Manager.
• Takes lead on all augmentation/clean-up of existing data sources prior to conversion and ensures constituent data is fresh, current and as enhanced as possible to ensure the most effective use of all the information available.
• Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data, including input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support.
• Oversee budgets, progress, deadlines, goals and objectives related to CRM.
• Develops the specifications for the territorial user, manager and leadership standard reports and files the organization needs and works with the internal and external resources to implement. Work with appropriate business owners to identify those requirements.
• Supports territorial and divisional committees as necessary. Chairs the CRM Project Delivery Team and several sub-committees, serves as member of the CRM Steering Committee and CRD Council.
• Acts as point of contact for all CRM related issues from the divisions.
• Implements and reports on Privacy and Confidentiality Policies and Procedures related to all aspects of work with constituent data.
• Work with IT to coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree, plus additional related college courses or professional training; Master’s Degree preferred.
• 8 to 10 years of related experience
• Master knowledge of Salesforce platform
• Possess Salesforce Training certificates
• Experience leading an organization through a CRM transition
• Project oversight experience required
• Strong familiarity or experience with the workings of a nonprofit organization and with nonprofit advocacy, fundraising, and communications programs desired
• Ability to multi-task with several complex and demanding concurrent projects
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Proven ability of working in a team environment and in leading a virtual team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.