SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Corps Custodian position exists for the overall upkeep of the building and grounds of The Salvation Army property. This includes insuring that a safe and clean environment exists for all activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for cleaning the Corps include:
o Interior: clean, strip, wax, seal, buff floors
o Vacuum and shampoo carpets
o Wash, dust and polish furniture and woodwork
o Clean restrooms, fountains, windows, blinds and light fixtures
o Wash and paint walls
o Empty and clean waste receptacles
o Wash windows
• Inventory and replenish janitorial supplies
• Responsible for exterior maintenance of Corps properties to include:
o Mow and trim lawn and attend to landscaping
o Remove leaves and trash as required
o Remove snow and ice from walks, steps and portions of driveway
• Assist with program activities: set up tables, chairs and other equipment for ongoing activities and special events.
• Vehicles: transport vehicles to garage for repairs and maintenance, check fluids and fill tanks on Fridays or as needs.
• Make sure vehicles stay current on registrations and inspections.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Handyman/Tradesman skills preferred.
• Working knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment and able to learn acceptable cleaning methods.
• Must have experience with operating manual/power tools in a safe manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
• Ability to work outdoors under adverse weather conditions
• Valid Driver’s License that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
• Able to drive 12 passenger van.