SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, the Activity Aide is primarily responsible for providing quality customer service and support to children and teens ages 8 – 18 participating in sports programs and activities. This includes constant interaction with youth, knowledge of safety, and the ability to promote and provide information regarding the drop-in activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for greeting every participant who enters the facility.
• Assist in leading, interacting & supervising drop-in activities (sports, arts, crafts, etc.) for children and teens ages 8-18.
• Drop-in Activity Aide will be knowledgeable of equipment (sports, pool tables, game consoles…) and orient participants to such equipment and safety precautions.
• Drop-in Activity Aide will remain alert, active, & engaged during their shift
• Ensure that all Drop-in guests are adhering to community center rules at all times.
• Act as a role model to participants.
• Assist in snack distribution.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High School Diploma/GED
• Desire and ability to work in a team environment
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
• Ability to communicate effectively with participants
• Ability to assist with the teaching of activities
• Energetic, sense of humor, patient and self-control
• Safety oriented at all times