SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To direct and plan all programming aspects related to the homeless population served by The Salvation Army in Buffalo. This includes, but is not limited to, programming for individuals and families which leads to the ultimate goal of self-sustainability, and continued advocacy for maximum shelter occupancy. These activities will conform to and be provided within The Salvation Army procedures and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for documentation in compliance with Agency and contract requirements including, but not limited to, ECDSS, FEMA, HUD, Food Bank of WNY, The United Way and The Salvation Army
• Actively participate in community activities to promote and maintain Shelter programs and occupancy
• Participate in networking with community coalitions of service providers, as appropriate
• Oversee compliance with funding and licensing sources
• Provide daily oversight of department activities and staff
• Recruit appropriate staff members in accordance with licensing requirements
• Conduct counseling sessions as necessary
• Oversee maintenance of up-to-date and accurate case files
• Provide direct supervision of various program aspects, including Resident Meetings, holiday celebrations and volunteers
• Provide direct oversight of building operations and maintenance as related to residents and shelter facility
• Provide advocacy for client base, with government sources, as necessary
• Advocate and initiate process for individuals requiring referral to other sources
• Provide workshops and information sessions in individual and group settings, as required
• Maintain program fidelity at all times, as required
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate inventory and other data as required
• Attend training sessions as required
• Participate in internal staff meetings as required
• Participate in and identify fundraising opportunities, grant acquisition as requested, and follow-up activities for successful completion of grant requirements
• Be available for out-of-area travel as may be required
• Exhibit fiscal responsibility
• Responsible to acquire up-to-date research on relevant subject matter related to homelessness (four synopses per year)
• Participate in all other duties and activities as requested or assigned
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• BA/BS with 3-5 years previous experience in program management and supervision
• Experience in individual and family social services programs
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent supervisory experience required.
• Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements