- Provide tutoring and homework assistance. Encourage independent study. Provide and project positive reinforcement to problem solving.
- Assist Reading and Arts & Craft instructors, as well as other instructors, when needed.
- Treat students with respect: do not scream, degrade, insult, tease or physically abuse children. ENCOURAGE mutual respect.
- Properly supervise students. Do not leave class or group unattended at ANY TIME.
- Must have knowledge of the where about of all the students assigned to you.
- Document negative behavior and other serious infractions.
- In case of accidents and injuries, and Incident/Injury Report must be completed immediately and submitted to site coordinator.
- Work holiday hours when needed.
- Attend mandatory trainings.
- Attend staff and parent meetings.
- Alert Assistance Program Director, at least once per week, concerning progress of students (problems, concerns, or any success stories).
- Pick up students from school.
- Arrive on time. Notify immediate supervisor if going to be late or absent.
- Follow all policies set forth by the state of New York, School Age Child Care Programs.
- Must be comfortable working with children and youth
- Patient and able to assist children in academic subject areas
- Must have 1-2 years work experience with school aged children (under 13 years of age)
- Able to assist with the promotion of The Salvation Army Mission and Values
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed