The rate for Lead Teacher is a maximum of $17 per hour.
The positions are both full time. The positions have hours that are negotiable as the Children’s Learning Center programs hours of operation are 730am to 530pm
- Position Title
- Responsible to
- Education Requirements
EEC qualified and/or BA degree in Early Childhood Education or have a Child Development Associate
- Work Experience
- Applicant must have a strong background in supervision and three years teaching experience in ECE
- EEC requires health documents, four (4) particular ECE courses and at least Eighteen (18) months of day care experience.
- Other Qualifications
- Must have First Aid and CPR training,
- Physical stamina and the ability to relate well with children and adults.
- Applicant must have a valid Driver’s License
- Principal Functions
Cooperative Team teaching in The Salvation Army Children’s Learning Center Curriculum and supervision of the Teaching staff in the class.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent The Salvation Army social mission through their contact with children of the day care center and their parents
- Refer persons with spiritual needs to The Salvation Army Dorchester Corps Officer
- Write and prepare daily lesson plans weekly in advance.
- Coordinate personnel assigned to assist with group activities.
- Maintaining an orderly physical environment to meet the full growth and development of each child.
- Attend all staff and other related meetings and give input.
- Coordinate student evaluations with Teacher (verbal quarterly, written bi-annually).
- Help in the coordination of field trips and screening programs.
- Observe, record, and report individual and group behavior.
- Actively participating in games and activities.
- Attending parent meetings, seminars, trainings, and conferences.
- Coordinate scheduling of parent/teacher meetings.