The Youth Ministries Coordinator will deliver passionate and professional ministry to children, teens, young adults and their families, maintaining relationships, taking advantage of his/her excellent relational abilities. To create Christian education and music programming. To conduct an ongoing influencing evangelical ministry with the specific goal of leading children, teens and young adults to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, making the most of every appropriate opportunity.
· Participate in the creation, development and implementation of creative Christian programming, and music/creative arts program for children and teens
· Lead/teach/participate in Christian education and Sunday programming.
· Develop and maintain programs and ministries that create safety for children and teens to grow and mature in faith and holy living.
· Relationship building with families, to participate along with their children in Corps weekday and weekend activities.
· Develop, maintain contacts with children and young adults at local campuses and schools where such contact is permitted, including but not limited to LI Youth for Christ Campus Life club, located at Hempstead High School.
· Recruit, supervise, and train volunteers to assist with youth programs as needed.
· Keep accurate, confidential and organized files and statistics on all program participants and volunteers.
· Assistance with other tasks as assigned by Corps Officers as needed, especially during Christmas effort.
· Exemplary ability to represent The Salvation Army’s spiritual and social mission.
· It is understood that in a non-ordained ministry position, any communications shared are not considered “privileged” under the law. Therefore, you must prepare to share information shared with you as the law would require.
· It is expected that you will adhere to Salvation Army KeepSafe child and vulnerable adult protective policy, and the policy regarding electronic and social media communications.
· All duties will be performed in compliance with policies and regulations of The Salvation Army.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent, with commensurate experience.
· Experience in musical performance, youth ministry and program development preferred.
· Proven track record in relational ministry.
· High commitment to evangelical Christian outreach and evangelism.
· Salvationist preferred, ability to work within core values and International Mission Statement of The Salvation Army required. (See page 2)