SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Tutor will assist the Lead Program Assistant/Corps Officer with the implementation of a quality program that enriches the students spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically. The successful candidate will possess a strong aptitude for Science, Math, ESL and Computer literacy.
This position will not only tutor the program participants but be innovative in their approach to teaching and introducing new academic concepts and ideas to the program participants.
This position will act as a role model for students, multi-task/circulate between multiple students varying grade levels; provide general oversight demonstrating effective classroom management in the Homework Help Program and effectively and consistently deliver high-quality instruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must have high school diploma with some tutoring/teaching experience
• Ability to pass a background check
• Able to develop positive rapport with students
• Established proficiency in subject matter
• Good interpersonal communication skills, strong organizational and classroom management skills
• Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred